Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've Been Watchin' You Dad

     The further we go in life, the more we come to know ourselves more and more. Through every trial, and every hill we climb, we find out for ourselves who we really are. We find out that we aren't always who we are on the inside, but it's what we do that defines who we are. And we also draw parallels and see where everything we learned came from, who taught us this and who taught us that. The further I go in life, the more and more I realize who I am, and who I want to be. I've been a few places in my life, and learned a lesson or two. They all make me who I am today. But the more I grow up the more and more I realize just who It was who taught me everything I know. My Dad.
     Whether it was under the hood of a truck or sitting next to a fishing hole, pulling cable through houses or out mowing the lawn, I always learned something that I have eventually come to hold priceless. I may not have been the best listener, and things sometimes went over my head, but I was always watching him.

I've been watchin' you Dad, ain't that cool
Im your buckaroo, I wanna be like you 
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixin' things and holdin' Momma's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we Dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watchin' you


     Im proud to say that I am my father's son. He is my hero. I hope one day I can be just like him. That might be impossible though, because of the great man that he is. But thats my goal. I hope one day that I can be as great as an example to my future family as he is to mine.  
Thanks Dad, For Everything.
I Love You 
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment