Monday, May 23, 2011

The Holy Ghost: A Man's Best Friend

      Those who know me know that I have a great love for animals. My favorite of course, are dogs. For all those who own and are around dogs know of their loyalty and their love. My dog Millie, is an American Pitt Bull who my girlfriend and I rescued from abandonment a year or so ago. She has been the best dog I've ever had! Loyal, friendly, protective, and always right by your side. Truly, a man's best friend.
      This morning while I was studying and reflecting on a few things, I ran through some memories of home. My study topic this morning was The Spirit of God. Upon searching out scriptures I made a parallel from some of the characteristics I found. The Spirit is with us always, granted we live worthy and do not offend it. It is there to protect us, to warn us, and to keep us safe.
      I was drawn to memories of Millie and my five year old brother Gage. Whenever he was outside working on his quad, or riding his bike, playing in the mud etc. . . She was always there. Always right by his side. And wherever he went, so did Millie. We were never too worried about him when he went out on his own adventures, Because we knew Millie was with him and she would stand in the way of any danger.
      The Holy Ghost, is a man's best friend. How blessed we are to have the Holy Ghost with us, to warn us and to protect us. This gift we receive at baptism is so essential in enduring to the end. I pray we can all strive and live worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us at all times and in all places. That we may further escape the hands of Satan and his servants. And to always have the Spirit with us, as a man's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment